- Free shipping for all orders over $75
- 8$ flate rate shipping for orders under $75
- Fast shipping in the U.S.
Algix 3D ALGA™ Swamp Black
Shipping: U.S. nationwide delivery in 1 to 3 days
ALGIX 3D Algae Filament™ is the perfect material for many FFF 3D printing needs, including prototyping, educational and design or artistic projects inspired by nature. Algae Filament™ is made from nuisance algae, thus helping keep ecology in balance through remediation. The remainder of the filament is made from PLA, a nontoxic resin made of lactic acid derived from plant sugars. Algae Filament™ has a unique texture and color palette inspired by nature. Using Algae Filament™ for your prints allows you to use a more sustainable material (validated by a third party Life Cycle Assessment) and print at a lower temperature, which requires less energy.
Within minutes of production, every spool of ALGIX 3D filament is vacuum-sealed with a moisture desiccant enclosed. ALGIX 3D operates within a joint-venture with ALGIX, a distinguished leader in compounding and additives for the bioplastics industry. Our polymer science expertise and strategic partnerships are driving material innovations and quality. All ALGIX 3D filaments are produced in the Solaplast bioplastic production facility located in Meridian, Mississippi. We source all of the finest raw materials, including resins, pigments and additives in the making of our ALGIX 3D Algae Filament™, so that we can ensure the most consistent and highest quality product for every order. You can expect our polymer scientists to continually develop innovative new materials focused on performance, sustainability and quality.
Our filament extrusion system uses dual axis micrometer measurement systems to check the diameter and roundness during production. This helps us guarantee that each spool of ALGIX 3D filament is produced with a precision tolerance. We can guarantee ±5% diameter specifications on our ALGIX 3D Algae Filament™, which means you can rest assured that your printer is extruding the exact amount of material without causing jams, clogs and headaches. The ALGIX 3D printing test lab features several popular 3D printers, and we’re continuously testing our filament on these 3D printers to monitor quality using advanced statistical practices.
3D Printing Tips
- To achieve the best performance, store Algae Filament™ in a cool, dry place as it can absorb moisture from the air, and long-term exposure to high humidity conditions can compromise almost any filament quality and performance.
- Print in an area with good airflow and minimal temperature fluctuations.
- Be sure your build plate is level, clean and oil-free before printing. Algae Filament™ adheres well to glass or plastic and does not require a heated build plate.
- If your machine has a fan, we recommend using it for most prints.
- It is recommended to use high water content hairspray (as opposed to high ethyl alcohol content) lightly sprayed on the surface and allowed to dry before starting prints to ensure the first layer of the print sticks to the plate.
- This filament will run best at an extrusion temperature of 175-190°C (2.85mm filament usually prints at the higher end of this range).
- If prints appear stringy lower temp in 5°C increments until your prints appear satisfactory.
- For more stability and a higher quality print, consider experimenting with infills of 10-35% as well as print speeds of 50-100 mm/s. Reduce layer height to 0.10mm.
- For prints with curvatures, it is recommended to turn on rafts and supports in your settings.
- Clean nozzle after every use.
- Clean the base plate after each day of printing.
Technical Data Sheet
Algix 3D ALGA™ Swamp Black Product Details
|Available diameter||Spool weight|
|Print bed hot||Print bed cold|
|Print temp range||Filament melting point|
|Nozzle size||Filament shrinkage|
|Max. elongation||Modulus PSI|
|Tensile strength||Filament Tg|
|Ambient temp.||Technical data|