- Free shipping for all orders over $75
- 8$ flate rate shipping for orders under $75
- Fast shipping in the U.S.
Avante FilaOne™ Gray High Performance Composite
Shipping: U.S. nationwide delivery in 1 to 3 days
All FilaOne™ spool purchases (regardless of the spool size) include a complimentary printing adhesion sheet.
With the FilaOne™ Gray filament you can print high performance functional parts. This new carbon nanotube reinforced filament provides very high strength, stiffness and resilience without the drawbacks of Nylon, ABS or Polycarbonate. It is a proprietary composite material formulated for high mechanical performance, resilience, water and chemical resistance and for safe & easy printing of parts on desktop FFF/FDM printers.
This is the lightest filament material available, yet extremely strong. FilaOne™ Gray prints solid to 0.86 grams/cubic cm. This makes the material 21% lighter than Polycarbonate. Besides being light, the flexural modulus (stiffness) of the FilaOne Gray is 50% higher than that of ABS. more similar to Polycarbonate. This makes it less likely to crack or craze under pressure. The material absorbs energy without permanent deformation. Besides all that, this material is water repellent, UV resistant and acid & salt water resistant.
So what can you use this material for? FilaOne™ Gray is a true engineering grade material that is ideal for aviation, marine and outdoor applications. You can for instance use it to make living hinges, drone landing gear, automotive parts, jigs or fixtures. Anywhere parts are exposed to acid, caustic chemicals, salt or water and any application that requires toughness under load.
- Delivers highest "strength-to-weight-ratio" in the industry. Holds 1,000 times its own weight.
- Material is ultra light weight: 0.86 grams/cubic cm parts when printed at 100% infill. Flexural strength is 48% stronger than ABS.
- Prints at 220º C with no toxic chemical out-gassing and no nozzle jamming.
- Very resilient, bends but recovers with minimal crazing.
- Hydrophobic; not affected by humidity, repels water, resists salt water.
- Strong chemical resistance to:
Acids: dilute sulphuric acid, phosphoric, citric, boric, benzoic, and acetic acid.
Bases: caustic soda, potassium hydroxide, aqua ammonia, basic, acid and neutral salts.
Solvents: acetone, ethyl alcohol, aniline, phenol.
Gases: dilute chlorine, hydrogen sulfide, carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide.
FilaOne™ Gray is in comparison to other popular 3D printing materials:
- Far stronger and more resilient than ABS, PETG, PLA
- Far lighter than Polycarbonate, Nylon, ABS, PETG, PLA
- Compares with Polycarbonate in mechanical strength
- No drying before printing vs drying of ABS, PETG, PLA, Nylon, Polycarbonate
- No noxious odors during printing vs ABS, PETG, Nylon, Polycarbonate
- Not affected by moisture vs ABS, Nylon, PETG, Polycarbonate sensitive to moisture
- Does not clog nozzle vs ABS, PETG, PLA, Polycarbonate
Examples of Applications for FilaOne™ Gray are:
- Aviation, drones, automotive: improved toughness & resilience at lower weight.
- Outdoor and marine applications: tough, resilient and resists water, salt water, chemicals.
- Parts that are exposed to chemicals/fumes.
- General use for functional parts as a safer and easier to print alternative to Polycarbonate, Ultem and PEEK.
- Molds for compression molding, and injection molding plastics
Cost per cubic inch/cm:
- $0.85 per cubic inch @ 15% infil
- $0.05 per cubic cm @ 15% infil
- This material can be sanded
- It can be painted using Krylon plastic paints
- It supports screws, bolts and nails
3D Printing Hinged Parts
3D printing complex shapes or hollow parts can sometimes be problematic. Fortunately, FilaOne™ GRAY is an ideal material for such applications. It’s combination of high mechanical strength and resilience make it the ideal material for 3D printing hinged parts. Read everything about it in this blog post.
The complementary FilaOne™ Printing Adhesion Sheet optimizes the temporary adhesion of objects printed with the Avante filaments. This adhesion sheet has a retail value of $34.95.
The sheet optimizes part adhesion during printing while at the same time allowing for easy removal of completed parts (without damaging any surface).
The sheets are easy to apply and safe to use, no chemicals or glues required. The sheets are made to provide a strong, durable surface that will last for many print jobs when used as recommended.
The FilaOne™ Printing Adhesion Sheets are available in 8.5 inch (21.6 cm) by 10 inch (25.4 cm) sheets. You can easily cut them with scissors to fit your specific print bed.
Both the filament and printing adhesion sheets are designed to work on any FFF/FDM printer with a heated bed capable of maintaining 95ºC and extruding at 210ºC - 220ºC.
Custom sizes available upon request.
Avante FilaOne™ Gray High Performance Composite Product Details
|Available diameter||Spool weight|
|Print bed hot||Print bed cold|
|Print temp range||Filament melting point|
|Nozzle size||Filament shrinkage|
|Max. elongation||Modulus PSI|
|Tensile strength||Filament Tg|
|Ambient temp.||Technical data|